North Point Douglas Women's Centre is located in Treaty One Territory, the ancestral lands of Cree, Dakota, and Anishinaabe nations, as well as the homeland of the Métis Nation.
- DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, NORTH POINT DOUGLAS WOMEN'S CENTRE IS IMPLEMENTING THE FOLLOWING CHANGES TO ENSURE WE ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Mama Bear Clan patrols are restricted to Captains only - no volunteers will be permitted to patrol until further notice.
- We are only accepting monetary donations at this time - no clothing, household items, books, toys, feminine hygiene, hygiene products, food, etc. will be accepted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a financial contribution.
- NPDWC will be closed to the public beginning Monday, March 23, 2020. Please see the above poster for details on how we will continue to serve the community during this time.
- All programs (Men's Night, Red Road to Healing, Family Tree Parenting, and Women's Warrior Circle) are cancelled. Contact your program facilitator with any questions you may have - email addresses can be found on the Our Staff page and you can call 204-947-0321.
- All ceremonies and teachings are cancelled until further notice.
- All drop-in programs and events (Income Tax Clinics, etc.) are cancelled until further notice.
- As this is a dynamic and rapidly-changing time, the above is subject to change. We are constantly reassessing how we can best serve and support our community while ensuring the safety of our staff, participants, and the community. Please monitor our website and social media for further updates.