North Point Douglas Women's Centre is located in Treaty One Territory, the ancestral lands of Cree, Dakota, and Anishinaabe nations, as well as the homeland of the Métis Nation.
- DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, NORTH POINT DOUGLAS WOMEN'S CENTRE IS IMPLEMENTING THE FOLLOWING CHANGES TO ENSURE WE ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH PUBLIC HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS:
- North Point Douglas Women's Centre is implementing Phase 2 of our re-opening plan. See the above posters for hours and available services in addition to our food hamper pickup on Tuesdays from 11-1 or until supplies run out. Please note that NPDWC remains closed to visitors on Mondays and Thursdays. For more information, call (204) 947-0321.
- We have new summer programming! Check out our new page for details.
- Women's Warrior Circle will resume on Thursday, July 2 at Michaelle Jean Park. Physical distancing measures will be followed. For more information, visit their page.
- Mama Bear Clan patrols are limited to Captains only - no volunteers will be permitted to patrol until further notice.
- We have expanded the type of donations we are accepting at this time - see our Wish List page for more information. However, no clothing, household items, books, toys, etc. will be accepted. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to arrange a financial contribution.
- Men's Night, Red Road to Healing, and Family Tree Parenting are cancelled. Contact your program facilitator with any questions you may have - email addresses can be found on the Our Staff page and you can call 204-947-0321.
- All drop-in programs and events (Income Tax Clinics, etc.) are cancelled until further notice.
- As this is a dynamic and rapidly-changing time, the above is subject to change. We are constantly reassessing how we can best serve and support our community while ensuring the safety of our staff, participants, and the community. Please monitor our website and social media for further updates.